TV card or screen with tv tuner?

aj2k2001

Solid State Member
hey, im looking to play tv on/through my computer as 2 screens (including one as crt monitor and the other as a rather large 21" television)is just taking up too much space! the 2 options i have; is to either buy a tv card for my computer and play tv through whatever screen is attached to it. this also easily allows picture-in-picture, which will be essential. Or i can buy a new tft lcd screen which also has a tv tuner. i was just wondering what would be the best option as i have heard that tv cards are not that good. but looking at the small choice available to me of tv tuner enabled screens, the contrast quality tends to be low (500:1). my budget is about £300-£350. my computer is relatively new; 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 200gb hard disk and running on windows xp. it would be helpfull if anyone has pro's and con's of either option. im hoping to get a 19"/20" screen for which ever option. thank you very much for your help.

i would go with the tv tuner card for you computer because you can record shows... and many more features... and they can be cheaper than a new monitor...

Back
Top Bottom