Sound Cards??

h25520062

In Runtime
I have been recording my guitar off my computer using a couple of these
757_873.jpg
and one of these
jamlab.jpg

and now I hooked it up from my amp to the stereo to the computer. To get it a little more clear. But now I'm wondering if I could just use a better sound card and it will sound more professional, or do I just need new software?? I'm using creative wave studio.

sound and software can play a big role in clearity, but if you want professional sound, you need professional equipment :)

a Creative Sound blaster X-FI or even an older Audigy 2 may be useful to you, especially if you have on-board only sound.

The only problem with these, are the fact that Creative make these sound cards more suited to games, etc, so aren't capable of fully professional recording from outside without other equipment.

There are sound cards though meant for professional sound production, which will have all the inputs you'll need.

A Creative Sound blaster though usually comes with a dedicated front board, which you can plug a lot of devices into though, and one may very well be one of the guitar amp leads.
I'm pretty sure that these will be suited to what you want, as it is definitely a new sound board you need to produce better sound :)

Back
Top Bottom