Projector VS Monitor

So im deciding wether or not to buy a Projector OR a Bigger Monitor for my Xbox360 and movies (Im happy with my 19" for my PC).

So this is pretty much the only decent projector i could afford.
Im just worried that the Lamps will die often (They Overheat and burnout?) even though the site says 6000-8000 hours of lamp life. Also i sometimes like to have my light/window open/on when im gaming or watching windows and i mwondering how effective the projector would be in mid-light conditions. Also it would be projecting on a White bed sheet.

Now if i were to buy a monitor it would probably be 24" LCD Monitor (Maybe even a 26") but i think the projector would be better value?

Any input would be good :)

Most projectors now a days have brightness settings for when used in brighter rooms. YOu can always create a portable light tent like used for pictures. Ut use black sheet and make a boxed text to help keep some light out if its over powering the projector.

IM using a 72" Screen projector and with 60% light in i can still see it no problems

With projectors always look for higher lumens. the one your getting is only Brightness: 1500 Lumens. Also the bulbs on urs are fairly cheap which explains why the projector is cheap. The bulb life is normally around 4000 hours.

this is the one i have running in my living room. And its very bright.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014182

that resolution is pretty shocking...
$499 isn't a great budget for getting these kind of items...

If I were you I'd look at getting a flat pannel TV with a monitor in. that way you'll be able to use it as a TV and as a monitor for the PC, and a screen for the Xbox...

trouble is they aren't cheap either...
you could always put it off for a bit and save a bit more?

For $500 you could at least get a 42" 720p TV I think... Maybe 37" My friends 32" only cost $350, and it's not bad.

Just remember im in australia superman :p

that resolution is pretty shocking...
$499 isn't a great budget for getting these kind of items...

If I were you I'd look at getting a flat pannel TV with a monitor in. that way you'll be able to use it as a TV and as a monitor for the PC, and a screen for the Xbox...

trouble is they aren't cheap either...
you could always put it off for a bit and save a bit more?

I Think that's what im going to do but i found a really good deal on a 24" LCD Monitor on Ebay (BenQ,Friend has one similar and it looks awesome) so im thinking of going with that.

Back
Top Bottom