Problems with the Creative Zen Microphoto

tomirlik

In Runtime
I have had the Zen microphoto for about half a year now. But I really have to ask about the battery life, because when I listed to music at medium volume, I only get about 5-6 hours of battery life. The box states that you can get up to 15 hours with the Zen depending on volume and use, but even on louder volume I would expect atleast 10 hours. My friends who have Ipods say that they get about 12 hours with their nanos and even 30/60 Gigs.

So why is the battery working like crap? Is it faulty, or does he Zen Microphoto just not very power-smart, because I feel very downtrotten and disappointed at my mp3.

Well when I company tests there product they test it at very low volume and with no backlight. So make sure that you disable the backlight when not needed or turn it on for a very short setting like 1 or 2 seconds. As soon as the backlight is on for 10+ seconds it will greatly decrease the battery life. Also make sure your player is fully charge. If these things don't fix your problem you probably have a bad player or battery. Hope this helps.

I have backlight set for shortest time frame (about 2-4sec without touching pad) and yes, the battery is left on all night to the maximum. I'll keep a tab of how long battery lasts at mid-range volume.

Well just as a test fully charge the player, turn the backlight off, set the volume to 10, put a song on repeat, and just let it run. Keep checking it every half hour or so and if it doesn't last at least 10 hours the player or battery is probably faulty.

Back
Top Bottom