mp3 players and volume

pc trade post

Daemon Poster
i ahve a question about mp3 and cd players... does it take more battery power the louder you have the headphones? if so is it a noticable difference?

Either way, this would be the case.

The louder you place the volume, the more power has to go out to the headphones to power them, to get rid of distortion, etc.

I don't notice a difference though with my Zen. I tend to stick at around 16-18 and about 5-10 at night when I want it quiet.

There is a difference of course, but would you notice it without timing? Not really.

With MP3 players, the more sound features you turn on, are the ones you worry about. EQ, Extra Bass, etc.

cileskot said:
i ahve a question about mp3 and cd players... does it take more battery power the louder you have the headphones? if so is it a noticable difference?

Yes their is quite a difference.

Its weird that on my Zen Vision M, theres no option to disable the backlight, but at the minimum of 10%, I don't think it uses much battery anyway.

Dropping it definietly reduces battery time though,. My Zen's been dropped a few times now, and even though it works perfectly fine, I've noticed a decrease in play time... Probably dangerous actually, haha.

Well, when on my cell phone the battery runs down very fast when I play games...versus just regular talking or not doing anything, so I would say yes the battery would go down faster.

Back
Top Bottom