Ipod Nano's cracking?

Half Evil

Golden Master
Yeah supposibly they used to crack, and stuff, because they are so small. Was that really ever fixed? And becasue they are so damn skinny, what do you think of them. Because i think im gettin one for xmas. Im not totally sure, but i asked for one, and i really think ima get it. but yeah, a 4gb hopeuflly, though it they get a 2gb, that would suffice, because there both still expensive. Anyway, what do you think about them being so small.

well i bl*dy hope that they dont break easily becuase i am getting a 2gb black for christmas and i got three younger brothers :(

nono they break from crappy manufacturing not from being so small. the ipod vidoes tdo it too, something about a faulty screen, the actual ipod doesnt crack just teh screen

well i wanted one but the fear of a bad screen just turned me off them. im'a wait til next gen or something or get a Creative Zen Touch since they're awesome

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1866938,00.asp

I know that Apple also recently acknowledged a "cracking" problem in a very small fraction of the nano screens on the market. This is not unusual for early LCD manufacturing runs and, consequently, it's a topic I do not plan on addressing here.

When the screen-scratches story first broke, the number of complaints on Apple's site sat at under 500. I'm sure it's higher now, but what does this mean? Is there a fundamental flaw here?

When I asked Mike what he thought, he brushed it off. Scratches on people's beloved iPod screens are not new. He pointed me to an interesting article on almost a half dozen ways to remove or at least reduce the visibility of scratches from virtually all full-size iPods. None of them are 100 percent effective. iPod's plastic screen would, naturally, need to be buffed down to be "scratch-free." No product on the list—including toothpaste (!)—or any others I can imagine will return the screen to its original unblemished state. Mike suggested that iPod owners visit their local jeweler, as they're experts at removing scratches from damaged watch faces.

Back
Top Bottom