iPod Hard Drive...HELP!!!

Serpanator

Beta member
For this project, my friend downloaded a bunch of videos. We're making Anime Music Videos. He tried putting the videos on his iPod tonight so we could take them from the iPod, and put them on our school laptops. However, when he attempted to do this, his Windows XP couldn't "see" the iPod. He checked "My Computer" and he didn't see anything like "Removable Disk H" or anything. We REALLY need to fix this problem tomorrow, or we're screwed. What's going on?!!? Can we fix this?!!?

What you are saying is the computer doesn't recognize the iPod is connected? I do not own a iPod so I never installed one before. Are their disks or software that came with it that provides the drivers needed? But windows should recognize it even without the drivers. Are you sure the cable and the USB ports work?

Edit: also, did you see any type of messege pop up from the taskbar?

I'm not sure, because I wasn't there at the time...but I'm pretty sure his USB is in perfectly fine condition. He uses it on the regularly basis. ... And, from what I heard over the phone when he told me....I couldn't tell if he say a pop-up window. I doubt it though.

Teencompwiz is on the right track...there are drivers that need to be installed for it to be seen. I use my zen as an external hd and it pops up as just an external hd, one thing to keep in mind is if your trying to put them on a new video ipod it will store them but it won't play them unless they are in the right format. Hope that helps point you in the right direction.

I had the EXACT same problem as Serpanator is facing. Apparently, it was a virus that blocked the ports the Ipod or any other USB device would try to access. It also started deleting a lot of .exe files from WINDOWS folder in C:\ Drive. Yiu might want to try some antivirus software to get rid of it (I used Mcafee). I realised that the PC made the 'detection sound' when I plugged it in yet neither Itunes nor Ipod Updater would recognise it, so I thought that something's gotta be wrong. BTW, It might also be a problem with some drivers and probably have to be rolled back through Device Manager if it persists. I suggest you try both...

Back
Top Bottom