How can i set up my Xbox 360 like this?

Wiredchild

In Runtime
So i use a Viewsonic monitor to use my PC and i recently bought a VGA cable for my Xbox 360 so i could use the monitor to play my Xbox 360 on also as it has a couple of inputs.

However, the monitor like most doesn't have speakers so i've got no sound and don't know of any speakers that use the red/white sound cable (i think it's called RCA) that comes with the Xbox 360 VGA cable.

Has anyone tried this and knows what to use for the sound, or can anyone come up with any ideas?

The only option i could think of is to get a multichannel amp and speakers to feed the sound through, but this is a ridiculous way around this i think.

Hope someone can help.

i have sat here for 5mins thinking about this, yes your right, i can't think of a way either, like you said, an amp would work.

Yeah it just seems like a ridiculously expensive way around things. I can't believe there aren't any reasonably priced speakers which have a RCA input so they can be used directly from a console. I found a Pioneer set but they're like £300 or something.

Any other ideas? ...A couple of pairs of headphones and a splitter isn't exactly sociable.

look up some shelf stereos. they usually have the audio jacks.

also where did you get the cable to use ur 360 with your computer monitor. i am looking for something like that but havent had any luck.

I used my regular computer speakers for it. I forget how i had it setup its been awhile but ill tell you as soon as I find my cables. But the cables I remember i got from radio shack to convert those red and white cable (I believe it was) to a regular jack.

Don't be redicilus..

GO buy Your self some cheap simple 2.1 or 2.0 speakers, head over a closeby electronics shop (where electronic components are sold, or a car audio shop) and ask the dealer to remove the jack from the speaker set, and soldier 1 pair of RCA instead of it. You will pay about 2 euro for that.

Both standards use the same output lvl, so it will work eighter way. Just be sure to show the electronic shop / car audio shop dealer the cable of the xbox360, and the jack cable of the speakers You bought. that shoudl do it.

If You got a soldering iron it will take lass than 10 minutes to do this "mod'

Don't be redicilus..

GO buy Your self some cheap simple 2.1 or 2.0 speakers, head over a closeby electronics shop (where electronic components are sold, or a car audio shop) and ask the dealer to remove the jack from the speaker set, and soldier 1 pair of RCA instead of it. You will pay about 2 euro for that.

Both standards use the same output lvl, so it will work eighter way. Just be sure to show the electronic shop / car audio shop dealer the cable of the xbox360, and the jack cable of the speakers You bought. that shoudl do it.

If You got a soldering iron it will take lass than 10 minutes to do this "mod'

He was asking a simple question. No need to be rude about it.

There should be some converter cables you could buy.

"The only option i could think of is to get a multichannel amp and speakers to feed the sound through, but this is a ridiculous way around this i think."

I ment don't be redicilus to say that option is no good.

Anyway, You can DIY make a converter, I don't thingk any exsist.

You could always buy a tuner card for your pc and hook it up that way. Probably save yourself a lot of hassle and their very cheap these days.

Back
Top Bottom