External Hard drives?

WhereBob

In Runtime
I have been thinking about getting an external hard drive. I'm tired of putting everything on CD and then trying to search through all my CD's to find one pic.
I have heard that these are somewhat unreliable, and I am better putting everything on CD? Is this true?

Should I get a external 500GB and be done with the CD's? If so what are the best most reliable brands?

Thanks so much

ok , yeah i would get an external hd or get an internal hd you put in your computer
just like internal hd's external hd's can just die without warning so obviously it makes sense that anything you cant afford to loose you keep at least 2 copies of it ,

also you dont have to buy a ready made external hd you can get an enclosure and make your own , the benefit of this is you get to choose what brand of drive goes into the enclosure and you can choose the most reliable , this is also mainly cheaper than buying a readymade external hd in most cases

Anybody got a list of the reliable hard drives?

I recently found out that Maxtor aren't rated.

So that leaves Seagate and ....

Maxtor is a good brand, they got bought out by seagate I believe which is also a good brand supposedly. Western Digital and seagate are supposed to be pretty good brands, I'd go with one of those two.

I'd recommend either Seagate or Western Digital. I've had a much better experience with my Seagate drive than my WD I must say though.

I'd recommend either Seagate or Western Digital. I've had a much better experience with my Seagate drive than my WD I must say though.

Seagate and WD drives are typically the most reliable consumer hard drives. Maxtor will soon not exist anymore, samsung's are okay, and hitatchi have had a terrible record.

Back
Top Bottom