Disk Defreag Doesnt Seem To Work,can Some One Help?

nikkelnine

Beta member
HELLO,
I WAS JUST TRYING TO DEFRAG MY HDD AND I KEEP GETTING THIS ERROR MESSAGE c:\system volume information\_restore{7FE2DEB2-ACF1-48F8-B452-715DEB12B8DB}-(2)\A0043906.INI.....DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX IT?

IF SO CAN YOU GIVE ME STEP BY STEP INFO ON HOW TO DO IT?
ALSO CAN SOME ONE RECOMMEND A DECENT AGP GRAPHIC CARD?
I MAINLY WANT TO USE IT FOR MEDIA....NOT NESESSARILY GAMES

MY P.C SPECS ARE PENTIUM 4 1.5 GHZ PROCESSOR(DELL 8100)
1500MHZ
SOCKET 423 MOTHERBOARD...INCASE YOU NEED THE INFO FOR THE GRAPHIC CARD RECOMMENDATION....THANK YOU

I dont know about the error, but I would suggest putting this in the general computer hardware and software section, not general electricals.

AGP card, 7600gt, or something like that.

I understand this was posted in the wrong place but ill post the reply here anyway

i had an issue like this at one point, tried many things and the thing that got it working was Registry Mechanic 6. its free you can get it here

www.pctools.com/registry-mechanic

and to register the product go here

www.pctools.com/registry-mechanic/free/promo/VNUPCW1107

this may not work for you, i may have just gotten lucky when i was trying to fix it but Registry Mechanic is still very good :p

You could try doing a system restore then running the defrag or back up your software then try turning your system restore off and back on again to reset it, you could also try using DISK KEEPER instead.

It must be a major error for caps lock to be stuck on.

That isn't an error message you have posted it is a System Restore file location, I would presume that if you are seeing it then defrag is defragging that file.

Unless of course you have a proper error message.

If you wish you can clear all your restore points quite easily but at this stage I see no reason to.

Back
Top Bottom