Blue ray wins? What does that mean?

Not DVDs, HD-DVDs. It was a competition for the mainstream format of discs that can display movies in HD resolutions. DVDs are still mainstream, but eventually everyone will move to Blu-Ray because they can display a higher resolution (sharper, better looking) image.

Blu-ray players play DVDs =]

HD-DVD is dead though..you can convert your HD-DVDs into Blu-rays though..but it's extremely tedious..and you need an HD-DVD drive and blu-ray burner XD

I have a PS3, and 300 and Planet Earth on blu-ray. Both look FANTASTIC in 1080p.

ah ok. But in say 3 years ..we'll all start our dvd collections over again but in the blue ray format then or buy old legacy dvd players so that we don't have to spend so much money on rebuilding our libraries! :D

I don't expect DVD will stop being produced for a while, since I don't think everyone will move onto the HD bandwagon, like people haven't yet with the analogue to digital switch.

But like with the analogue to digital switchover which is going to happen, I expect the same push will happen to DVD's in the long term.

I don't expect DVD will stop being produced for a while, since I don't think everyone will move onto the HD bandwagon, like people haven't yet with the analogue to digital switch.

But like with the analogue to digital switchover which is going to happen, I expect the same push will happen to DVD's in the long term.

Exactly. Blu-ray plays are also much cheaper now..in the ballpark of $200. Now that there is a concrete format, I think a lot more people will buy them.

I have a PS3, and 300 and Planet Earth on blu-ray. Both look FANTASTIC in 1080p.

I have the PS3 and the 1080p TV,But no Blu-ray movies YET.

But like with the analogue to digital switchover which is going to happen,

Yep,Although it might be a while

The Australian Government has announced that the timeframe for the switch off of analog television in Australia will commence sometime between the years 2010 and 2012. This is consistent with the target timeframes set in many other industrialised nations who are making the transition to digital television. Up until this timeframe, broadcasters will continue to simulcast (transmit) their television programs in both analogue and digital mode.

neodude112320, have you downloaded any HD trailers yet if your connected to the net?

what really sucks is for the people who bought an HD-DVD player. I remember the HD-DVD add-on for the Xbox came out for $200. Not many people bought it at that time but then a price drop hit that dropped the price to $129 and a lot of them were bought. Now Microsoft just announced their discontinuation of the HD-DVD player add-on. Tough luck for some but it could have been worse for PS3 owners if things went in HD-DVD's favour.

Back
Top Bottom