Assassin's Creed Worse?

David95

Solid State Member
Has the Assassin's Creed games got worse over the years?

Personally I like all apart from Revelations.
I believe since Revelations Ubisoft has improved the gameplay (parkour, combat), thats the reason why i believe that Assassin's Creed 3, black flag, rogue and Unity, has improved the franchise.

Do you agree?

I don't know if Unity helped improve the franchise. It have gotten so much crap for it's bad launch.
Bugs, performance issues and ingame real money micro transactions (fuck you Ubisoft)
That game was a disaster. Even though the gameplay was good, it's not enough to save it in my opinion. (note: i only played the first 2½-3 hours of it on the PC... but that was plenty to make me not give a shit)
Also i heard that the coop was a disappointment. Though the new improved parkour is definitely a welcome feature.
Can't speak for Rogue because i didn't play it, but black flag sure was what fans needed to see when it came out. After the not so great (not bad ether) assassins creed 3, black flag really lifted the franchise back up and more so.

Here is my top 5 list of the games. (excluding AC1 and rogue. Can't speak for rogue and haven't played much of AC1. Also it's a long time ago. so pretty much the only 5 games i can speak of other than Unity)

1. AC2 Brotherhoods
  2. AC2 (the original)
  3. AC2 Revelations
  4. Black flag
  5. AC3

And then if you will Unity at number 6

Last edited:
I really wanted to play it when it first came out. But I did not have the means.

Sense then, I have found so many negitive reviews that I am glad that I couldnt. IDK, but I hope to try the first soon...

I will admit that Unity hasn't been as good as I thought it would be. The media for the game made the game look amazing but it isn't as good as they made out just like watchdogs. I played Rogue before I started Unity and I was expecting the game to be much better than rogue because it's on the new generation consoles, also because of the new game-play features they brought in.

I don't particularly like the new combat system, I find it too hard to kill more than 4 enemies in one go. But that might be because I haven't unlocked the ability to use guns yet. I might like the new system when I have that.

I do think that the new Parkour up and down system is one of the only good things in Unity.

Back
Top Bottom