Virus help! (Win32.Alcan.A)

Fernando1378

Baseband Member
As I was running Ad-Aware SE today, my eTrust antivirus popped up and said I had two infected files. It said both were infected by Win32.Alcan.A . The thing is, it doesn't remove the virus for me and doesn't tell me how to do it either. Anybody know how I can remove it? Here is a screenshot for reference.

virus23oa.png

did you run it more that once? If it comes back. right down the whole file name. boot in safemode. and find the file...delete it..

Yes i've ran the program more than once. This had happened to me before but I forgot to post about it until it happened again today. As for the whole file name, it's in the pic isn't it? If that's the one, I just delete it under safe mode?

yes just find the file by following the link, obviously starting at the C drive and ending at setup.exe in the 4231B7 file

burton_o6 said:
yes just find the file by following the link, obviously starting at the C drive and ending at setup.exe in the 4231B7 file

Ok i'm kind of confused. I tried to follow the link. I started at C:, went to Documents and Settings, Tyler Durden,.... and this is where it stops..I don't see any file that starts with 'Locals'... a little help plz

Well, I ran into another problem. Once I get to my Local Settings, then to the TEMP folder, I cannot find the file 'AAWTMP'. What gives? :confused:

Hah! I didn't know I had to be in Safe Mode just to find the file.. I guess that's what's wrong. I'll try in Safe Mode then come back..

Back
Top Bottom