Vipre Internet Security 2013

DaveO

Solid State Member
My wife bought this software of Home Shopping Network a couple of weeks ago. She paid $ 89 for a lifetime license for 10 computers. I am now using Norton 360 and Maleware software and have had no problems that I know of at all.
Does anyone have any experience with this software either good or bad. I looked it up on the internet and the reviews were split 50/50. Half the reviews said it was not very good at all and the other half said it was great. Do companies seed these reviews with great accolades? There were not reviews in the middle, just the two extremes.
I posted this question on another computer forum and I got a few recommendation for free virus and spyware software, such as the Microsoft Essential Elements?
Any comments?

Never heard of Vipre so cannot really comment if it is good or not but a lifetime licence for 10 computers for $89 should speak for it self compared to purchasing the big name brands such as Norton you use.

I use Microsoft Security Essentials on all my computers (and family's). Free and works so far.

Never heard of Vipre either.

I have seen Vipre on a few bank and insurance computers. I myself use Microsoft security essentials as well. It is rated one of the top ten according to av-comparatives.org.

Chris321
I looked at that website, but I did not see Microsoft Security Essentials on it. I must be looking at the wrong places. I noticed the Kaspersky rated very highly though.
I also noticed that I did not see Norton 360, that I use, listed on the testing.

Back
Top Bottom