Trace A Running Exe

AkiraX

Beta member
Our school has been expierences problems, well hackers you could say.
someone, or someones have been running a program called "Cain And Able". i am aware of this due to one of the students who was caught for it is a friend of mine. but now im tired of the little pri*ks running it and crashing the server simply through an over load of pings and requests. so i would like to know if there is a way that i can trace the program when it is running, its process simply goes buy "cain.exe" we are running windows on all workstations and we are all a member of one work group. any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
~AkiraX

WOW, Brings back memories. Cain and Able is a program I like to advertise off of my site. It's basically a Bruteforce program. It can take a hash off a computer and by using a rainbow table. You can get a administrator password in like 3 seconds. So if I were you I would observe whats going on in a network. Find out what changes are being made. Sense they have admin rights, they can secretly install all of there Ping of death programs.

If you find cain.exe just carefully observe whats going on with those computers.

EDIT: I'll look into what you can do to trace it. I know a few people that are a master with this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom