Somebody hacked my network???

ae86

Solid State Member
Someone hacked my router. They somehow retrieved my password after I changed it before I left and now I can't access my Router IP Address which is 192.168.1. I could log onto it before.

My internet is slow and it feels like someone is keylogging me as I type.

I would reset my router but it seems like a hassle.

Help?

Welcome to real life. Reset your router. There's nothing magical that will get you back in with no effort. Frankly i think having the ability TO reset your router is a gift and you should take it. I'd look into the password change. It could mean that one of your computers is infected with a trojan and the owner has changed your router password to prevent you from blocking his trojan. He's probably set port forwarding so he can easily connect to your computer. It might have established itself as a reverse shell to start off with. I'd reset it, scan your computer and any others on the network. Change your router password asap on a clean computer and set firewalls to block incoming connections. Disable plug and play and any port forwarding that might be set up.

Welcome to real life. Reset your router. There's nothing magical that will get you back in with no effort. Frankly i think having the ability TO reset your router is a gift and you should take it. I'd look into the password change. It could mean that one of your computers is infected with a trojan and the owner has changed your router password to prevent you from blocking his trojan. He's probably set port forwarding so he can easily connect to your computer. It might have established itself as a reverse shell to start off with. I'd reset it, scan your computer and any others on the network. Change your router password asap on a clean computer and set firewalls to block incoming connections. Disable plug and play and any port forwarding that might be set up.

Lol

Back
Top Bottom