Online Banking Security

Gerrich1

Beta member
I do my baking online and am concerned about security. I know how to keep my PC secure. My question is is there anything more that the usual measures needed to keep my PC secure for online banking?
Any other related feedback would be appreciated.

I use online banking as well and other than ensuring my computer is properly secure i dont really take any other precautions with it .
The only thing i never ever do is log into online banking on a public computer or anyone elses computer

I would suggest having a real-time anti-virus, and anti-spyware, as well as a good software firewall, and a good hardware firewall, that is pretty much the basic great set of security.

I use online banking as well and other than ensuring my computer is properly secure i dont really take any other precautions with it .
The only thing i never ever do is log into online banking on a public computer or anyone elses computer

Im the same as you :D

Although having Decent Anti Virus and Anti Spyware is the most important precation to have as far as Computer Security goes.

Yep i agree with Muz and NEO.... I do online banking and as long as your computer is protected there isn't much else you can do. Just make sure that you have a unique and QUALITY password that is not easily CRACKED. Yes cracked not guessed. Using 8 to 16 characters that are a combination of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. With technology today it is really easy for hackers to crack passwords but if you use a unique series like I described it is "nearly" impossible for them to crack because it would take too long. Also make sure your email address account has a unique password as well because the forgot password feature is also a way of them getting your password if they can get into your email.

I have been doing all my banking online for years and have never had a problem at all. You will find that it is much easier to pay bills and things online and also saves you money on stamps...:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom