OK-can only use safe mode

Willbe

Solid State Member
ok i just posted about dling something, and stuff like that... my computer froze, and i restarted it.. and it froze after it started up
came to the windows, everything was fine, no programs started by the clock, and it just froze.. so im stuck in safe mode.. i got halfway through mcafee 7.1, i have norton which wont delete anything in safe mode, and trojan hunter sucks in safe mode as well. HELP ME

1st of all, what OS are you using? and are you saying you have Norton & mc afee as anti-virues on your comp.

if you are running 2 anti-virues at the same time there is going to be a conflict. if so you must go w/one anti-virus.

2nd bootup in safe mode without networking, and run all spyware prog.s you have ....then click start/run/ type "msconfig" without the quotes.

go to the startup tab, and uncheck the box of anything
that you know should'nt be in the startup list.

then after doing that ...do a defrag of the hhd while your still in safe mode, this will speed things up, and should also help the freezing prob.

before any of the following i would go and uncheck the restore point on your computer in case you need a clean start. i would go to safe mode run any of your spyware software and scan your computer. i do believe you can run a virus scan on safe mode.
if all fails just get another computer remove your harddrive and plug into another computer and let the antivirus from another computer find the virus or spyware in your computer. and defrag your computer.

yep, and also if you are running xp, empty the pre-fetch folder , so that your comp. will make a fresh start.

Back
Top Bottom