Help

GaryCat

Beta member
I let my sister use my computer. She checked her email on it and now my computer is infected all of a sudden. I do not know much about this stuff. What should I do? Thank you in advance for your assistance!

I let my sister use my computer. She checked her email on it and now my computer is infected all of a sudden. I do not know much about this stuff. What should I do? Thank you in advance for your assistance!

First, get yourself one of the free antivirus programs out there and run a scan. Also, maybe try some anti-spyware programs like Spybot S&D.
Second, don't ever let your sister be in the same room alone with your computer again...

Get hold of a program Malwarebytes, "google for it" run the program and let it fix any thing it finds wrong and once that is done I would recommend you get your self some decent internet security program installed.

If not sure what security suit to use try this site for more info http://issviews.com/forum/ This site gives independent reviews and other wealth of info.

Cheers

AVG is a good piece of security software to have, but for getting rid of viruses / malware and suchlike I'd recommend either spybot or malwarebytes. I'd personally recommend Spybot, it's done the trick for me with all the problems I've had - just run it in safe mode rather than normally and it stands a better chance of catching whatever's on there.

Back
Top Bottom