control panel help

BigV

Baseband Member
hey guys, im new here and im just posting this in here since its on the topic of bypassing skool security :)
is there a way of accesing the control panel if its bloked from the start menu - any other way i will try but i think they have blocked most of them, maybe u can use cmd to access it i dont know.
:rolleyes:
ive managed to find the C:\ folder by accessing internet explorer or just searching for it :p
they have blocked all installation things exept dos ones since i managed to play some dos games on there
(just telling u this so its easier for u to help me ;) )

all help is appreciated thnx guys :cool:

We don't really discuss this sorta stuff. Please play games and other things at home because it's so much easier for you and everyone else. Plus, you won't suspended or even expelled. It's happened before, believe me.

I play games at college if they're blocked by typin' in "start using cgi proxy" in google, and then the first couple of links should have an address bar where you can type the games site in and use it - works for me at college when games sites are blocked , dunno if it does for you.

Good Luck, hope it helps a wee bit.

ill just stick to playing doom when i can and sometimes go on cmd to try some stuff i learn at home ;)

thnx for the help guys, now i wont try to look for it all lesson :p

the controll pannel, (and the pannles inside of it) are simple short cuts to a bunch of files on your computer...

the extensions of the files are .cpl and .exe

you'll find that under some "control" programs such as a program named script logic the shortcut is removed, but access to the files isn't...

however.. the advent of active directory made it much easier to secure things, (script logic does work with w2k, but it was more of an NT thing)...

active directory enables administrators to set domain wide machine policy, so it's very unlikely that you'd be able to hack you way into the control pannel (c:\windows\system32\control.exe) the chance of actually launching anything after that is also remote...

try start > run > desk.cpl

of course you do risk expulsion... and you may find that activly searching how to hack the nextwork could also result in some disaplinery actions.

well i knew that there was a way of manually finding it but i never found out were to look :)
ill take a look in system .32 as they have also blocked the Run option. ill take a look when i get bak in skool in the system 32 folder and chek for the .exe and run it to see if it works.
maybe if i search for .cpl or .exe files in search something might come up, i dunno.
ill report here on what i find/do etc.
thnx again guys :)

Its sad... our school is 'locked down' except for our macs in the library... and all the Dells we have logged on our athena, lab, or guest accounts are locked so you cant see preferences in XP, there's three accounts that can see the preferences.. Administrator, Install, and Teacher.. Our install account is so.. of course.. programs can be installed, without this account being logged in thru novell, you can't install jack crap.

and guess what.. lol .. my teacher gives me the password for the install and teacher accounts.. lol who would have guessed schools would make such easy passwords??

Our school has taplet PC's and they locked down a lot of sites. That didn't last long. We got around it but the tech center people don't care because it is an easy fix and they haven't done anything about it. I'm out for the summer so they start fixing it soon.

Back
Top Bottom