computer sercuity

brut

Solid State Member
ok i need some help with a viruse problem. i was wounldering if and one knows a very good anti virus download i have avast but is it junk and doesnt take any of them out and i dont want to have to formatt my computer. i am running windows xp home

You would be the first I've ever heard say that about Avast! Vistit Trend Micro's House Call, and get a free online virus scan. It should remove them. As with any virus, it's possible that you may not be able to install another antivirus program, due to being infected. What is Avast telling you?

if you're looking for a free AV program, go with AVG, it's good and pretty easy to use. It caught alot of things on my computer that norton didn't once I got rid of norton. I just got rid of AVG because I found kaspersky and heard great things about it and bought it, it was pricey but well worth it. I think AVG uses an older kaspersky engine but could be wrong. I really like AVG and recommend it to alot of people who are looking for free and solid AV protection.

I have been using avast for a while and it seems to be very good at stoping viruses. Are you sure your copy is up to date?

I also tried avast and I liked it, it was good I just didn't like the interface of it, looked more like a media player than a virus scanner to me. I'm not into fancy looking virus scanners but it is a good program IMO.

Back
Top Bottom