Computer restarting

TJ6900

Solid State Member
Well let me give you an entire explanation of the problem, It started with and still is an unknown device driver causing the problem. First I figured out that windows defender was causing it from a lil research and so I uninstalled its ass. My computer stoped restarting. Now its restarting again for the same reason, an unknown device driver, and I have automatic restart turned off. I have taken the time to copy out the error message I recieve and see if that helps anyone. Also if you require any info on my system or any reports relating to this just guide me through it a lil and I will do it because this thing is really annoying. If seems to restart every time I right click, go to new and make a folder. Everytime I am about to type the folder's name... BAM! blue screen, no over loading or nothing...???

Blue Screen Error Message:

(This is the error message exactly as I recieve it, after these brackets of coarse)

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware of software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowning. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computers, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xFBFFFFF8, 0x00000000, 0x8054A832, 0,00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

how much info do u have on this comp if not much i would recomend Reinstalling XP or just pop the XP cd in there and after i does the loading drivers thingy i will ask u what u wanna do u wanna look For repair by pressing R or someting like that let me know if u do this or not and keep me updated

Well see there is another problem, we bought this computer about 3 or 4 years ago from an audio store on a boxing days sale which it didn't come with a windows XP CD, or so the guy said and he also said that if we needed it to call them up. So I did this not to long ago and of course they don't deal in computers anymore and said to contact microsoft about it. Well I'v tried to contact microsoft but have no idea where to start, Iv been on their site but find I just go around in circles..?

Can you post ya system specs? Its possibly a bad RAM module. If you have more than 1 stick of RAM, then try them 1 at a time in the pc and see if the problem stops. Theres no point in contacting Microsoft, if ya need a XP disc then ya gonna have to buy one. You should have demanded one from the seller when ya bought it.

well I did put in a RAM stick awhile ago, but it was the right kind and well the problem only surfaced recently. Now if ya wont some system info you're going to have to direct me to find it cause im sortof a noob.

TJ6900 said:
Well see there is another problem, we bought this computer about 3 or 4 years ago from an audio store on a boxing days sale which it didn't come with a windows XP CD, or so the guy said and he also said that if we needed it to call them up. So I did this not to long ago and of course they don't deal in computers anymore and said to contact microsoft about it. Well I'v tried to contact microsoft but have no idea where to start, Iv been on their site but find I just go around in circles..?
i Would contact M-soft and if a legit copy of windows is on there in shure that u would have no problem getting a copy of the CD

Ok heres something else: in task manager the one "svchost.exe" in system sometimes is taking up all frickin CP usage, and not just at startup but sometimes when Im in the middle of something it will start taking all the CP Usage. Not sure if it's related or not but thought I would add it.

Have ya tried the RAM thing i suggested? And have ya tried running antivirus etc

well.. If I had to make a guess, you have a Dell. And if you do
THATS YOUR PROBLEM :p
I have not seen 1 dell that has not done this... It could be a bad stick of ram yes.. if its a dell it could be because THEY USE C***Y Hard Drives.. you may have a Fujitsu.

Take your hard drive out of your computer (if its not the ram problem) see what the manufacturer is. Go to the manufacturers web site and somewhere on there you should be able to download a harddrive check thing to see if the hard drive is good or bad.. and I really do think the hdd is your problem.

I have fixed 3 computers with this problem, all dells, all Fujitsu, all under a year old, ALL BAD HARD DRIVES.

Back
Top Bottom