Can NOT uninstall webcam

Crypta333

Beta member
Greetings all,
I'm not sure if is the right place for this post. Posting this in hardware and security sections.

My computer refuses to uninstall the laptop integrated webcam. Dell XPS M1730. I have tried multiple methods to disable/uninstall the camera with no luck! As soon as I see the message that I have uninstalled the driver, it immediately reinstalls it!!! A little bubble pops up in lower right corner of screen telling me it is installing the driver for the laptop integrated webcam. I have tried disabling it through device manager as well as deleting the driver but it always comes back! I thought that I had succeded in vanquishing this nemesis yesterday by disabling and deleting cam/driver, but as soon as I restarted the computer it was enabled and installed the driver immediatly! It simply refuses to let me get rid of it. I have been experiencing this for months and pretty much accepted that I'm stuck with it. The computer does some other strange things too but that is another matter... I reinstalled Win 7 yesterday and thought I'd try to get rid of the cam again but to no avail!!! It still refuses to let me disable/uninstall it! PLEASE HELP MEH!!!

Thanks

Open up a command prompt or in the Windows start menu, type in msconfig. Click services and look for something that might be the webcam.
Click on the box you suspect making sure the check mark in unchecked, than click apply.

Back
Top Bottom