can i be hacked this way

cristian123

Beta member
My friend gave me his steam account and i wondering could he hack me if i was on his account like get my ip then hack me?

Other than it's against Valve's TOS to transfer the account, once you change the password, there's no way he can access the account.

Nope, he can't access it if you have changed the password and are logged in. Two people can't be logged in to the same account at the same time.

im not worried and i dont really care about the account more then the computer and now i feel safe now that i know that he cant get my ip from the account and hack into my computer

Depending on his over all skill level no. To just get someones ip address and just "hack" them. Is almost in possible, unless he knows of a particular exploit on your system.

If you are worried about this particular friend then I could recommend not running any program that he/she gives you.

or you can just go to scanner.novirusthanks.com upload the .exe file and see if it's clean.

But if your friend is just the average Joe with computers, don't worry about it.

If your friend wants your IP, he/she can get it in much simpler ways. Example: every time you send an email, your IP address is attached to it. However, just from knowing your IP, they will not be able to simply hack you unless your system is inherently insecure, which is no the case for any computer running Windows.

Basically, don't worry about it. Your friend is not trying t hack you.

Back
Top Bottom