WTB: Sony Vaio desktop *Power Supply*

GhostGT

Daemon Poster
I don't have the exact model number of my computer, but its an RA model and is the black one pictured in the attached photo. I need the PSU and will consider buying the HD, too. If you DO have a PSU for this model, please PM or post here and we'll compare model numbers of the PSU to see if its one I can use.

(Side-note: The middle of this case is open for cooling purposes. Some newer models don't have this I believe.)

Sony_Vaio_VGC-RA826G.jpg

Cheers,

Chris

Just one question. Couldn't you buy PSUs and HDDs to fit that case off of newegg?

Not PSUs, but HDs, yes. The only reason I would want the original HD is because some people are more inclined to give better prices when they sell more than one part off their computer. Since my old Sony hard drive is now my backup in this rig, I figured it's worth a shot.

Oh I see. But why not PSUs? I would figure they would have it for every computer, but I guess not. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Oh I see. But why not PSUs? I would figure they would have it for every computer, but I guess not. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

No worries.

Sony PSUs are proprietary. There's only one model that can essentially fit in there that has the same specs I need. (To those who think otherwise...trust me. I've tried a dozen different PSUs already.)

I need to either order a brand new one for $180-200 or see if anyone will sell theirs outta a system.

No worries.

Sony PSUs are proprietary. There's only one model that can essentially fit in there that has the same specs I need. (To those who think otherwise...trust me. I've tried a dozen different PSUs already.)

I need to either order a brand new one for $180-200 or see if anyone will sell theirs outta a system.

Yo cant you just buy a secondary PSU and use that? OR get a regular atx one and mod your case? OR JUST BUY A NEW CASE? I highly doubt anyone has one to sell so just giving some suggestions.

Yeah dude, it might be more cost effective to look on new egg for a case that comes with a psu and just swap your parts over to that. Then you would have a standard atx and a lot more room than those cramped vaio cases. Gonna be tough to find a used one, but I'd get a new case before I bought a new psu for that. You could get a case w/psu on newegg for like 40-60 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom