What's my pc worth?

NoSmokingBandit

Solid State Member
I may upgrade to a new i7 rig (drool) and im wondering what i should expect to get from my current rig, should i choose to sell it. Heres whats going on:

• Intel 2.5 Ghz Q9300 Core2Quad CPU
• Arctic Freezer 7 Pro fan/heatsink, put on with arctic silver and a backplate so its screwed on instead of the cheap plastic clips.
• ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard
• 8 GB Corsair DDR2 800 RAM (4x2gb, maxes out mobo)
• Sapphire Radeon HD 3870 512MB
• Samsung Super Writemaster 20X DVD±R SATA drive.
• Kingwin KF-3000-BK 3.5" 3 bay trayless SATA hot swap rack, uses only two bays. (any idea what this might be worth separately? i never use it and might sell it regardless. I think i paid $75 for it new.
• 160GB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm SATA drive
• Cooler Master RC-690-KKA1-GP ATX mid-tower case
• 550w Real Power Pro PSU

eSATA, usb 2.0, firewire 400, and audio are all available on the top and back of the case. There are three 120mm fans keeping it rather cool inside.

Any idea what my rig is worth?

My estimate is around $550-600 USD provided you find the right buyer, but I see it stupid to upgrade such a capable system already. Yes it lacks in the graphics power slightly (which is easily upgradeable) but it's still a capable system that should handle anything thrown at it. A core i7 based system would be a small upgrade

Thanks for the input! I might now end up selling the gfx card and the hotswap bay and get a newer gfx card. Any estimates on what i could get for those two items?

The gfx card I could see you getting 90-110 USD for and the hotswap bay 20-40 USD. If I were you I would go with the ATI Radeon 4850. Thats a really good card! I also think you should overclock your cpu. I could see you running 3 ghz on air easy!

the gfx you can get lol like 65 dollars since its outdated and used. Hey you can find a noob to buy it. :)

If I were you I would go with the ATI Radeon 4850.

Whats the nvidia equivalent to that? I can never remember which cards are comparable, i assume its close to a 9600 of some sort? I prefer nvidia cards, but i got a good deal on the 3870 and went with it. Its done well enough, but more power is always better :D

Thanks again for all the input!

Back
Top Bottom