Need Video Card

I need a video card that supports Open GL and works with directx 9. My limit is somewhere around $50.00. I'm going to use this to play games such as doom 3, f.e.a.r, stalker (when it comes out), bloodrayne, and some of the better games. If I can't find a good one on here, I'll just go to ebay.

i have one you could buy, its a nvidia, 256 mb 128bit. i think the model number is 5800 or something, i really dont remember and im not at home, ill sell it to you for 20 dollars if you want it, but ill prolly end up putting it on ebay either way. ill keep you updated if i do.

Sure, I will buy it. Does it support what I mentioned above? Also, does it work? (yes I must add that). Does it come with the drivers? Is it AGP 8x or below?

i ran half life 2 on med graphic perfectly fine. same thing with doom 3, but you have to make sure all the other components of your computer wont slow you down. agp 8x, and yes... lol... it works, like i said im not exactly sure when its gonna go on ebay, im kinda new to it, so it could be up to 2 weeks.

That's cool. My PC is decent. 2 GHZ CPU, 512 RAM, 160 GB HDD. Ok, well keep me posted about it when you are about to sell it. Will it be a buy it now item for $20.00? How much will shipping be? (zip is 18510)

yeah i think ill throw it up for 20, i mean i was gonna give it away to a buddy, but he didnt seem very greatful so i was like forget it.

but yeah ill prolly throw it up for 20 buy it now, shipping will be like 6

That's a good deal. Can you please tell me when you put the item up for auction, so I can be sure to grab it before anyone beats me to it?

For that price, I'm not sure you could get a card that would run games at decent settings/resoloutions at all,
but you could certainly find maybe in the 5000 Nvidia range, like the 5800 above, a good gaming soloution if you don't want to run at high resoloutions or settings.

Though, even then, especially with a new game like F.E.A.R or Stalker when that arrives, the GPU takes a dramatic hit.

You'll find with the 5000 range, even though they are built to run Direct X 9 games, they can't run in that setting very well, and so some games like Half Life 2, force Direct X 8 on the card which then speeds it up.

If your lucky, you might get a card (not really for that price range though) that will last you a year or so.
I'd advise to save up though for a Mid Range card like the 6600GT on AGP.

Back
Top Bottom