XP Admin Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

EYEDONTNO

Beta member
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I thought I'd ask. I have a company-issued laptop (IBM ThinkPad), and they have it completely locked down. You can't do anything to customize it because everything requires the Admin password to change. I'd like to get the password so I can set it up the way I want (and also to give the Company the finger just a little bit, to be honest). The BIOS is also password protected, so I can't make it boot from the CD. Is there any possible way to hack the password? I'm think the reason the ThinkPad was selected is that it's supposed to be inpenetrable, and coupled with being unable to boot any way exect normally I'm probably out of luck. I've tried downloading programs like Cain and Abel to crack it, but they require the Admin password to install, so that doesn't work.

Obviously any fix to this problem wil require a great deal more computer expertise than I possess, so I'm hoping there is some genius out there with a couple of free minutes on his hands....If this is in fact impossible (which I think it might be), then I'd appreciate knowing that also.

Thanks for any help in advance....

EYEDONTNO said:
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I thought I'd ask. I have a company-issued laptop (IBM ThinkPad), and they have it completely locked down. You can't do anything to customize it because everything requires the Admin password to change. I'd like to get the password so I can set it up the way I want (and also to give the Company the finger just a little bit, to be honest). The BIOS is also password protected, so I can't make it boot from the CD. Is there any possible way to hack the password? I'm think the reason the ThinkPad was selected is that it's supposed to be inpenetrable, and coupled with being unable to boot any way exect normally I'm probably out of luck. I've tried downloading programs like Cain and Abel to crack it, but they require the Admin password to install, so that doesn't work.

Obviously any fix to this problem wil require a great deal more computer expertise than I possess, so I'm hoping there is some genius out there with a couple of free minutes on his hands....If this is in fact impossible (which I think it might be), then I'd appreciate knowing that also.

Thanks for any help in advance....

I could do it! But i wont. Your a liar.. something just isnt right.. You dont have a company-issued laptop. But even if you did. ITS LOCKED FOR A REASON! Dont come here with this agian.

I think he is telling the truth. But yes, it's locked for a reason. It's most likely really easy to do what u want. But I won't help u. And I don't think that anyone else in this forum will.

Obviously your IT dept is on the ball locking users out of making changes. It reduces thier headaches. It is not your computer to play with but a tool issued by the company you work for. If you get in and muck something up your IT dept is going to have a field day with you. Getting your computer taken away from you will be the least of your worries.
And oh by the way asking for this kind of information is normally grounds for a ban. But considering the warm and fuzzy reception you got, you won't be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom