WTF!?!?! Norton and Adware use the same background running apps

-Paul-

Fully Optimized
ok this morning i booted up my laptop and after i type in my password it takes like 10minutes to be where i can use it. so i am going thru msconfig and googling each service that is running and everytime this site called like liutilities.com comes up and they tell you what it is associated with and whether it is safe or not. well i googled ccapp.exe and it took me to liutilies.com or whatever and it says it belongs to norton and then said it belongs the media.fastclick and they both use them to send info back to there servers.
here is a screenshot...if you dont have norton you may want to go and disable this.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?????

THIS IS WAHT TO ASK YOUR SELF: WHY WOULD NORTON USE THE SAME APPLICATION TO SCAN EMAILS AS ONE THE LARGEST ADWARE/SPYWARE COMPANY'S USES TO DELIVER THE SHIT THAT CLOGS UP COMPUTERS?!?!?

Wow dude great find we need more useless average joes like you. You started out useless but you ended with a great discovery. Dont take this wrong.

wait what do you mean b/c i seriously need to take this wrong

PLEASE EXPLAIN

b/c dont take this wrong
i have bean here longer than you i think i have bean around the block a few times.

Well i have mixxed thought's about Norton lately, they were a great virus protection company at 1st, but now i'm hearing several occasions that Norton is screwing up computers..or at least spyware is working with Norton to screw up the comp.

These are merely my opinions and are not meant to disrupt the opinions of others, i know cause i use to use Norton, and had issues with it.

actually as I have already said on many occasions norton is the most used AV and so many viruses etc are alwayst trying to disable/hide from it.
http://startup.networktechs.com/srch-ccApp.exe.html?search=ccApp.exe
there is some usefull stuff.

Also I think that if it's the norton one then it should be in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccapp.exe (if u installed norton to the default place)
If there are ccapp.exe files on other locations then I'd take a closer look at them.

hum, maybe it isn't norton's fault but the fact that aybe the spyware company tried to make a file that would be considered by norton as being part of it and therefore norton would just ignore the file. Just my opinion but maybe that's why they are the same file used for different purposes.

Back
Top Bottom