wireless security

smudge

Beta member
I have a trend net router, and i have two 85mb ps homeplug turbo ethernet adapter , the problem i am having, is , i have to run wireless unsecured , to make the home plug adapters work.
How do i program the homeplug adapters to run on my secured wireless....at this point i can't run my wireless secured....
Thanks for any help.
Smudge.

Sounds like a wireless bridge. It's must easier using a traditional PCI or USB wireless adapter, bridges are nothing but headaches in my experience. I know that didn't help much for your situation but I figured I'd give some feedback.

Honestly I wouldn't even bother with your wireless security, most hacker-types aren't interested in latching onto wireless routers because the connection is of a lower speed than a wired connection using ethernet RJ-45 cables. Even so, a password may come in handy of any teenagers or children have computers and want to get onto your internet for free. A simple password such as "password or "1234" should suffice.

Honestly I wouldn't even bother with your wireless security, most hacker-types aren't interested in latching onto wireless routers because the connection is of a lower speed than a wired connection using ethernet RJ-45 cables.

Where did you hear that? People go out and packet sniff and monitor wireless traffic all the time. I have friends who do that. If the network is unsecured their job is much easier.

Back
Top Bottom