wireless networkd

Jtrober

Beta member
ok, just moved into an apartment. The cable company here doesnt offer broadband, and i dont want to get the phone line connected just for DSL, since i mainly use my cell phone anyway. A few of the neighbors have wireless networks, and I want to "borrow" their connection till the end of july when the apartment complex moves to Comcast cable and i can get broadband from them.
If I use netStumbler, i can see 5 different networks, but i cant figure out how to get on them.
I tried using airsnort, but my network card isnt supported and i dont want to have to go buy a new one.
Any ideas?
How can I go about gaining access. I dont want to use up all their bandwidth, i just wnat to be able to check and send email, and look up sports scores and stuff.

Are there any other good tools out there?
Would I be able to use ethereal to figure out the passwords to get on the network?

all 5 of those connections you found were encrypted? thats amazing most homeuse wireless connection I come across are never encrypted... its good that people are using better security practices...

just go to an internet cafe to do that... you dont need to be "borrowing" other peoples internet connection.

Back
Top Bottom