wheres ip address

Well i happen to know this forum knows mine,you better believe it.
24.42 etc,right guys ?
:p

look at the bottom of all posts

IP: Logged

the subject "wheres ip address" this forum knows all our IP addresses, and if VBforums work anything like PHPBB the Lord K knows our IP addresses too as they are linked to the posts for moderators.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Yep. Mwahahahaha!
Well Mr Moderator,you know as well as I,
If someone is banned and tries to sign up by a different name a password,
It's we know your IP ! You where banned.
Right
:confused:
So it's Name,email and ISP address,right.? to be a member.

root said:
it's not illegal to give hackers advice, its not illegal to give script kiddies advice. It's not illegal to talk about security flaws, or possible expolits (if it was then why would we have bugtraq and securityfocus?).

It is illegal to malliciously hack people computers, Most forums and forums hosts don't allow talking about hacking because then they are seen as encouragin it. and may or may not get heat from law organisations.
as far as I am concerned, (speaking as a network admin) I wish there were more script kiddies around, comming onto public forums and discussing hacking, that would give me a lot more ammo for making honey pots and gathering evidence against them.
I once made a honey pot that covered a specifi exploit, It was written in C and basically recorded all the details of the user, and gave them a message basically saying that the game was up.

people talking about security and hacking ultimatly leads to security issues being brought into the public eye, wher (i believe) they should be.

Computer and internet security should not be the kind of thing that is only talked about in dark corners or only in forums with the balls to have a security hacking section. It should be talked about out in the open so that the discussion can educate the masses about who is out to get them.

As an example just ask a computer novice what a firewall is.
I've seen people who are quite comfortable with computers not even know what a firewall is.

my point is, if you don't know what a firewall is, then how can you install one. If you don't know what a script is then how can you filter it?

I actually have to agree with root on this one. There is nothing wrong with discussing how to obtain an IP, or anything else that root listed for that matter. You have to remember - almost all crackers are caught eventually. If he tries to do something stupid with this information (like it seems he might), then that's his problem. However if we don't ever talk about it then maybe there will be less script kiddies around, but that could also lead to more real crackers into finding more exploits that may have been found and patched by someone else. If this was something more serious on the topic of hacking, then I would agree with you guys, but really, many things discussed in many of these forums could be used for malicious purposes - not only this stuff (for example programming could= viruses, networking/DNS could= finding exploits in TCP/IP, etc., etc., etc. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion :)

Itsme

P.S. - a hacker is not a bad person. A cracker is. A hacker is someone simply interested in computer science. The media has given hackers a bad name because they think crackers are hackers ;)
From dictionary.com:
1. One who is proficient at using or programming a computer; a computer buff.

Ya learn something new every day, right ;)

I really didn't say there was anything wrong with it and I actually agree with Root, I was refering to forum rules that we are not supposed to discuss scripts with illegal intentions lol.

Bluto, what about hacker programs that change your ip adress? I'm sure they are out there

Back
Top Bottom