Where is the ‘remembered' username and password stored?

cardigan

Beta member
My wife recently opened a savings account with a certain bank. Logging in on-line she entered her username and password (and presumably agreed to save that information). Each time she goes to that page of the banks web site her username and password are automatically entered as soon she clicks onto the entry box. I have gone to the browser tools options and deleted everything (browser history, cookies etc) and nothing changes i.e. the saved password etc., automatically enters. I have gone into the various folders where cookies etc., are normally saved and I can see the bank's cookie and I can delete but still nothing changes the data is remembered. This does not happen with any other bank or any other site. Where on my computer is this information being stored? I have asked the bank and they say it isn't them it's my browser. We're using Vista Ultimate and IE 7.

TIA

Cardigan

I dont know where exactly but if you click on the box, then press the down arrow and then press the delete button it will delete it until the next time.

I dont know where exactly but if you click on the box, then press the down arrow and then press the delete button it will delete it until the next time.

Thanks but I did know that . . . . . when someone puts something on my computer and I can't find it, I want to know where it is, why it's there and why it isn't where it should be. I don't like not knowing where stuff is.

Hmmm . . . . . I thought I was joining a forum with members who knew how stuff worked?

Tools > Internet Options > General Tab > Browsing History and blow stuff away you could also use CCleaner to achieve similar results.

Back
Top Bottom