What Virus Software Do You use?

I have Avast! on all of my computers bar the netbook, which has Avira, as Avast! wasn't happy working on it. I've never had a single Virus, Avast! I don't know it is there until I get told that it has been updated or it has detected a virus, so disconnected me from the webpage/download which has it.

Avira however, occasionally it will pin my CPU at 100%, not often, but from time to time it will do, which it really should not be doing

Microsoft Security Essentials. I used to be a huge AVG fan for quite a few years before it was really popular. Now that it has become so popular, it seems the free version is basically just like a free version of Norton. The new 2011 version is bloated beyond belief and slows my computers down way too much. Not to mention, AVG now needs an uninstall tool just like Norton. I found that out when AVG was giving me problems even after I had it uninstalled.

Microsoft Security Essentials. I used to be a huge AVG fan for quite a few years before it was really popular. Now that it has become so popular, it seems the free version is basically just like a free version of Norton. The new 2011 version is bloated beyond belief and slows my computers down way too much. Not to mention, AVG now needs an uninstall tool just like Norton. I found that out when AVG was giving me problems even after I had it uninstalled.

This uninstall problem is not specific to any anti-virus and can happen with any of them. It's more of a system problem.

NOD32 is definitely worth the price you pay for it, as opposed to a lot of virus scanners out there.

This uninstall problem is not specific to any anti-virus and can happen with any of them. It's more of a system problem.

I know any program files can stay partially in the system after an uninstall, but most programs don't need a tool to fully uninstall it, or cause problems if not completely uninstalled.

after trying Trend micro (i actually pruchased it) trying norton, trying AVG, I finally got to the best one so far, Comodo antivirus, its worked great for me.

I had a "computer guy" recommend Microsoft Security essentials + malwarebytes... I'm on a Toshiba Laptop with Vista. What do you think. I damn sure don't need a resource hog but woud like to get updated.

I had a "computer guy" recommend Microsoft Security essentials + malwarebytes... I'm on a Toshiba Laptop with Vista. What do you think. I damn sure don't need a resource hog but woud like to get updated.

i second the recommendation for malwarebytes, but MS Security essentials has been a pain in the ass for me when i use it on my own stuff (i used it for a week). I would recommend AVG if you dont want to pay (or Avast!, either is good) or NOD32 if you dont mind paying.

Malwarebytes' + Avast! home edition has kept me virus-free for about 3 years now.

Back
Top Bottom