Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Cyber Safety and Computer Security
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default What should I look for if I suspect my girlfriend may be webcam modeling?

I am pretty new into a relationship and I have a strong suspician my girlfriend may be doing some webcam modeling. I don't want to just come right out and ask her. Is there anything that would be able to tell me if her laptop is sending video? Anyone know of programs or anything that would be loaded that would confirm that someone is doing this type of thing? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Haire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
BSOD

Default Re: What should I look for if I suspect my girlfriend may be webcam modeling?

If she has saved any videos just look at the videos on your computer or look at your recycle bin. You could also regularly check your internet history to see if she has been on any dodgy sites.

clacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:05 PM   #3
Beta Member

Default Re: What should I look for if I suspect my girlfriend may be webcam modeling?

So...Instead of just asking her like a man, you want to stalk your girlfriend because you have trust issues? I think you have bigger issues than whether she is webcam modeling or not. Isn't that also an invasion of privacy?
Howitzercannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howitzercannon View Post
So...Instead of just asking her like a man, you want to stalk your girlfriend because you have trust issues? I think you have bigger issues than whether she is webcam modeling or not. Isn't that also an invasion of privacy?
Wouldn't you do the same instead causing an argument by addressing her.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:19 PM   #5
Beta Member

No, because an argument about concerns now is much better than one after information was found behind the persons back. This argument will be 10 times worse than just confronting at the beginning. Also, if I she is doing something I don't like, I don't need her, and I drop her and find a new one.
Howitzercannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:03 PM   #6
Baseband Member

check your website history, if you find out, post a link to the site. nice one
Zoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:25 PM   #7
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoney View Post
check your website history, if you find out, post a link to the site. Nice one
lmao
Old 04-11-2011, 09:21 PM   #8
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to Comp_Pro

See if there is any pictures or videos saved on her laptop, if she streams directly to a website, you could monitor her internet if she deletes her history.

Or you could just ask her.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:15 AM   #9
Fully Optimized

Search *.avi, *.jpg and *.png. If you can find out what format her cam records and shoots in do *.whatever the extention is. This will list any files on the pc with that extention if you search "computer".
Old 04-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #10
Daemon Poster

Dude, get a set and ask her. The argument now will be much more preferable to the argument later when she finds out you have been snooping around her computer.

Honesty and open communication are key to relationships. No way around it.