What is a missing service?

breebreebran31

Solid State Member
I ran RKill on my pc just to see what would come up.
According to the log it checked windows service integrity.
And then listed a bunch of services and next to it it has brackets saying [missing service]
Should I be concerned? Or are those just left over entries from programs I've uninstalled?
I did sfc scannow because I thought maybe that would fix it. Nope. The log produces the same thing.

Code:
Checking Windows Service Integrity: 

* AppReadiness [Missing Service]
 * AppXSvc [Missing Service]
 * IEEtwCollectorService [Missing Service]
 * lfsvc [Missing Service]
 * MsKeyboardFilter [Missing Service]
 * NcbService [Missing Service]
 * ScDeviceEnum [Missing Service]
 * smphost [Missing Service]
 * vmicguestinterface [Missing Service]
 * WdNisSvc [Missing Service]
 * WEPHOSTSVC [Missing Service]
 * workfolderssvc [Missing Service]
 * ADP80XX [Missing Service]
 * ahcache [Missing Service]
 * bcmfn2 [Missing Service]
 * E1G60 [Missing Service]
 * iaLPSSi_GPIO [Missing Service]
 * iaLPSSi_I2C [Missing Service]
 * iaStorAV [Missing Service]
 * intelpep [Missing Service]
 * kbldfltr [Missing Service]
 * LSI_SAS3 [Missing Service]
 * NdisVirtualBus [Missing Service]
 * netvsc [Missing Service]
 * SerCx2 [Missing Service]
 * stornvme [Missing Service]
 * UEFI [Missing Service]
 * vm3dmp [Missing Service]
 * vmhgfs [Missing Service]
 * WdNisDrv [Missing Service]

* SystemEventsBroker => %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs [Incorrect ImagePath]
 * WSService => %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation [Incorrect ImagePath]

Last edited:
Ive never heard of RKILL , but if your worried that malware getting onto your computer you could always try Malwarebytes: they have a free version

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Protect, Detect & Remove Malware From Your PC

RKILL is a program that terminates malware processes that keep malware removal tools from doing what they need to do. Otherwise, its possible for the malware to slip through the cracks. Here is a link to check it out. The key is to run it and then run your utility. Do not reboot after you run RKILL, just go ahead and run your utility. If you reboot for any reason, you will need to run RKILL again before running another utility.

http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-...S,Android,Webware,Mobile&searchtype=downloads

RKILL is a program that terminates malware processes that keep malware removal tools from doing what they need to do. Otherwise, its possible for the malware to slip through the cracks. Here is a link to check it out. The key is to run it and then run your utility. Do not reboot after you run RKILL, just go ahead and run your utility. If you reboot for any reason, you will need to run RKILL again before running another utility.

rkill downloads - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Thanks for the link, but i have the full working version of Malwarebytes and my computer is malware free. ;)

Back
Top Bottom