What is the best Anti-virus to Protect my laptop from Trojans

If you happy to use AVG then may I suggest using something like Peer Guardian with it as it has a good pop up blocker and web filtering and again it is free a must for p2p users, you must of course ask yourself what you wanting to do with your computer if your just web browsing and using your email client then AVG would be sufficient or Nod32 with windows own firewall but I WOULD NEVER USE WINDOWS OWN, absolute crap in my opinion, if your looking for the complete solution AV and Firewall then go for Kaspersky INTERNET security 7 its fantastic, i will never change now unless Eset get there security suit running bug free but that is still in its infancy at the moment so I will wait.

on my laptop i am just running avg and using the firewall in my router and i have noproblems but i am not using this for any thing other than email and posting here . on my desktop i am running NOD32 and comodo personal firewall whichis free but actualy a very good firewall and scored best in theese leak tests http://www.matousec.com/projects/wi...ysis/leak-tests-results.php#firewalls-ratings

ok.
the best one i use is zonealarm now that covers everything but you have to pay 40 pounds but it is worth it is has virus scanner and anti virus parental control im user activity.
And you can password protect.
i use the free zonealarm and it works wonders, except when it blocks my other computer from accessing my laptop but thats easily fixed :)
i also use avg for my antivirus. both are perfect. i just use caution when im on not so legal sites and i dont usually have a problem

ZoneAlarm really annoyed me when I used it. I am actually perfectly happy with Windows Firewall and have never had any problems with it, although I rely on NOD32 for my Antivirus as opposed to something like Windows Defender.

Brookfield is wrong again about using multiple spyware blockers. Having multiple spyware blockers active will not "cancel each other out", nor will it cause an animated smiley face to bounce downwards either. Wrong on both counts, and I see that he is yet to respond to my point of him being badly wrong about AVG being the best antivirus solution as well.

Brookfield is wrong again about using multiple spyware blockers. Having multiple spyware blockers active will not "cancel each other out", nor will it cause an animated smiley face to bounce downwards either. Wrong on both counts, and I see that he is yet to respond to my point of him being badly wrong about AVG being the best antivirus solution as well.

I think he was talking about the anti-virus portion of that as being bad. I know in my post that's what I was looking at.

I have seen multiple anti-viruses cause major issues when used at the same time. However, like you said having multiple spyware programs is not a problem. If anything it is the best thing you can do for spyware protection.

i agree because i would say avg is the best FREE antivirus solution but i guess thats just my 2 cents. nod32 is better but isnt free (legally)

i agree because i would say avg is the best FREE antivirus solution but i guess thats just my 2 cents. nod32 is better but isnt free (legally)

I agree AVG and ADVAST are the best free antivirus I have tried in the past but I use kaspersky as i can get hold of it.:)

i am quite happy with the free solutions, as i dont like going illegal with things like os's and antiviruses, as i rely on these things a lot. i only had to obtain nod32 oncewhen i had serious probs and it found some other things, but still didnt fix my problem.

Panda is one of the best antivirus programs that I used. A few years ago , I switched to Panda and I haven't regretted that for a minute. Panda incorporates TruPrevent Technologies, which block new viruses and files or programs that can harm your system. I have seen this TruPrevent Technologies in action when I received an e-mail with an attachment, it blocked it, it was the Bagle.FU worm. I don't trust those free antivirus apps. I would rather pay for it to protect my computer.

--------------------
Securing Your Online Business with Internet Security

Back
Top Bottom