Viruses

I'd have to say that E-mailing systems in particular Hotmail are well known dangers for viruses. Virus spamming in particular is a concern, I had often found in the past that my 'junk mail' box was full of 'undeliverable messages' to E-mails I never wrote to addresses I had never heard of (often randomly generated).
I'm no authority on the topic, so this is only an opinion.

RC

yup you know you (or your web mail server) have a virus if that happens--a lot of these viruses come with their own SMTP engine & email files in "My Docs" out to all in your address book and continuously generate made up email addresses to send to your files to.

This is a great link here to scan & delete viruses for free-- http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

Oh & THANKS rockerjohn we been messing with Pontiacs a long time now...

What! I disagree that you can get mroe worms and tojans using MSN, MSN Messenger, Hotmail or indeed anyother MSN Server (MSN I think we all realise is Microsoft Networks!) On MSN Messenger, and Hotmail anything that you will get with a bug in it will be from someone else - this is indictive of the region of the web; E-mails and Attachment and File Sharing and the like. Nothing you get remotely virus like would be due to MSN's incompetance - as it doesn't exist!

Where is AOL in this? It must be the worst! Its basically just a great big Virus that people apparently pay money to ruin their computer with!

Lord Kalthorn said:
Where is AOL in this? It must be the worst! Its basically just a great big Virus that people apparently pay money to ruin their computer with!

I agree! It's a nightmare to get off your system! I still think it's lurking somewhere in the depths of Windoze folder... It makes me mad! :mad:

Yeah! The best most descructive Virus ever concieved! They must be very proud; they've done without trying - or doing much for that matter - to do what Hackers have been trying to do for Years!

Back
Top Bottom