Virus/spyware software

I use AVG (free edition) from grisoft, I've heard good things about it and it was free.

The only thing is I might be stuck in the same trap as norton users. It could just be that the scanner doesn't report virusses because it's crap.

I doubt that because of the good reports I've heard.

alot of viruses are actualy made now to aviod nortan

couse so many people use it

Anti-Virus, Firewall and Sypware Software

Having used many security suites, programs etc. I find today some of the best software you can find is free. Software such antivirus programs and antispyware.

Companys such as Norton (Symantic) and McAfee love to advertise the fact that there products are the best and 'best selling'. Do NOT be fooled by this...

Having worked with several large companys and schools, using and testing anti virus software is crucial. We bought and tested a large variety of antivirus programs and our results showed that programs such as AVG Free and the trend micro house call scanner (both free to use) worked a treat every time. Find and Eliminating all viruses. Off course we wouln't use this on our servers but it was a good test, to see what software could pick up what!

Jon Parkes CCNA

root said:
Norton is probably one of the worst virus scanners ever.
It's only got such a large following because of it's corperate branding, which is mainly grown because of the excellent hard disk tools Pter Norton created before norton became Symantec.
There are hundreds of reports scattered all over the internet from users saying when they changed virus scanner they found loads of virusses that norton failed to pick up.

Do yourself and your computer a favour, dump the resource hungry useless beast that is norton AV.

Absolutely true !
All of systematics products are absolute rubbish and junk, except a few ... partitionmagic to name one
But the antivirus, antispyware and firewalls are an absolute disgrace, some people may think i'm too harsh but i just think it is ... the software is hardly EVER helpful, a combination of good third party software combined together are better ... extremely better for that matter

U can have 2 anti-virus software running. Though not all of them allow this, for example norton does not install before the other one is disabled or removed.

I once had norton installed, and gues what? My pc got a infected with a virus. So then when I installed AntiVir personal (which took care of the virus) it didn't complain anything about norton. So it depends on what the AV programs are.

Back
Top Bottom