Virus(s) Detected by Nod32

matius

Baseband Member
Hi:

Never had a clue as to what to do about virus protection. Nod32 has detected the following four problems. There was no option to delete the infected files, so I don't know if that's my job to delete them, or IF I should even delete them.

If I delete them, will is chop & screw my system? Would restoring my settings back a couple of days via Windows XP restore fix the problem?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{A2578CBA-012A-4EE9-9E3D-27D3F494A2B6}\RP3\A0000770.exe (nod32 color: red)
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{A2578CBA-012A-4EE9-9E3D-27D3F494A2B6}\RP3\A0000770.exe (nod32 color: brown)
File D:\I386\Apps\APP12313\src\CompaqPresario_Spring06.exe
File D:\I386\Apps\APP12313\src\HPPavillion_Spring06.exe

...a variant of Win32/AdInstaller

MT

C:\System Volume Information\

Refers to the Master Boot Record. :D Good luck without a full reformat. aka zero out the drive, Because you will have to del the MBR also or all of that will be right back where it was to begin with.

Hackslayer, re your PM trays

URGENT, Hackslayer, please clear your PM trays, I need to ask you an urgent question.

What...?? So you're saying there is no way to clean these files uid=[0]. How can that be?

I'm going to try that next (if I remember correctly, does TM allow you to actually clean the infected files without purchasing...). I configured Nod32, and sent an email to support...to try that route first. I'll post the results back...

thanks for your help

I followed the additional nod32 settings tutorial, ran the scan and it clean all 5 infected files. I then turned system restore off, rebooted, ran the scan and verified that all files were still clean...turned on system restore and went on with my business...

thanks for your help, I'll keep TM Online Scan in mind for other incidents... (and to ESET support).

Back
Top Bottom