Virus Problem! Huge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, i have a suggestion. being someone that shares file through kazaa and shareza, i have had many virus' ive tried every virus scanner known. NORTON sucks, simple as that, un-install it and go with www.avast.com, home edition is free and it has a "boot scan" feature that will scan your system BEFORE WindoZZZ starts up. update before you restart BTW. if you run "genuine" windoz, download microsofts anti-spyware and update/scan with this. after scan, restart your box in safe mode "if possible"
and manualy delete and registry keys associated with hijack this, and program files! check C:// for and .exe files that are not apart of legit programs ( if you delete a "good" program, its better to re-install a prog than your OS) re-scan windoz folder while your in safe mode to be sure, go thru your add/remove folder and un-install ANY prog your not familiar with. this includes hack tools ect...delete any program files left over for these progs. check start-up folder for anything not supposed to be there and run msconfig from start menu>run and and disable anything NOT "NEEDED"
set avast to run another boot scan to be sure, that WILL solve your proble.
im on yahoo as:beyondunow, let me know if this help:)

THanks for letting us know! I use pc cillin and I have the best protection under the sky but hey, that's some good news for others.

Lol omg avg is better than norton i just dled it and ran it and i found a million things that norton didnt lol

OK here is what you do ok first off unplug the internet then procced to your registry find the exact file and do exactly this click on the file in the registry it should have whats called values it'll look like 4566 somethin ok click and delete those values this will make the reg key unable to function properly ok now this will not rid you of the reg key however i believe that theres a program or file this reg key is backing it self up from but this is a temporary fix also proply the only way to fix this is rather system restore take your comp back to a date before you got this reg key or unfortionatly to kill the program that may be renewing the reg key reformat your hard drives which really only takes about 2 hrs if that so lol thats about as much as i can suggest theres alot of registry shit out there also try hijack this if it comes back more than likly that its something on the comp renewing the regkey
look who got caught out in the drizzle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom