Virtumonde Virus...any ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forecastbear

Solid State Member
Okay so I did a full scan with adaware free and it came up with a win32.FakeAlert and Virtumonde. I'm more worried about Virtumonde and well I've been doing some research online and this thing seems pretty nasty. Anyone know of a solid way to totally rid this virus?

Download and run this:
http://hijackthis.en.softonic.com/

Save file to a Notepad. Copy whole notepad and paste into this site and hit Analyze:
http://www.hijackthis.de/

Should find all the hazardous files on your computer and they should be labeled with a Red X. Find these files in the Program, click the check mark boxes besides them, and hit fix.

They should be deleted once you hit fix, so no problems there. One thing though.

Make sure its the EXACT file. So compare the file names and make sure there EXACTLY the same.

Save's you the trouble of having to reformat. :)

Yes I tried that but I didn't get any X's...For the most part everything is green but I did get a good amount of question marks.

Hmmm.

Doesn't Ad-ware have a option to delete things it scans?

If its not in the HijackThis! then it's not running in the background, which is good.

I have Ad-ware 2008 and it allows me to delete the virus right in the program. If its an older version, try to right click the virus in the program.

Yea I'm doing another full scan with Adaware. Just used some program called spyhunter and let me tell you that thing is a joke...and they claim theirs will rid you of virtumonde. Well right now it's scanning. Already went into the win32 folder and deleted some files. All of them containinf the name Yureff and some extras...it was kinda obvious considering one of them had some an icon of a girl licking a man

Yea it just keeps coming up...adware is listen that one of its locations are a root file of some sort but I don't know how to access that. Also everything I do is from safe mode since you can't login without it.

That's a prick of a virus. I had that last week. Couldn't even get on to download any removal tools cause it would redirect all traffic to a couple of search pages everytime. I got it while installing an infected downloaded program while i was reinstalling after building a new computer. I just ended up reinstalling again. The anitvirus and spyware programs I used would find it but wouldn't get rid of it.

Yea basically it digs itself deep in your computer, spreads out from there, the apyware programs think it found it and deleted it...but it didn't delete that one file so when you reboot it re creates itself.

Oh and need wow now...tried avg...can't use it because vista requires certain files to run avg but thats in the new update...wich I don't know wich one

Virtumundo fix i think its called, do it ins safe mode and spybot all the way, if you can find any DLL's it made delete them manually in another os if u can, pen drive linux did it for me

its really hard to remove unfortunately....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom