Using wireless laptop at a hotel

okay over the years i've done abit of hacking myself and can say, your never safe especially over WiFi.

so whatever you do make sure you don't send your credit card details (e.g. buying something online)

don't discuss confidential business unless nessecary (although i'm sure you wouldn't get sued as you probs wouldn't know they took the info)

all above warnings are good and i'd follow there tips but at the end of the day a hotel proberly is the wosrt place to be because all someone would have to do it get at the router and plug in a device and they can get all the data sent accross it and if there really smart they could get it over the wireless anyway so... be careful but don't worry... hacking isn't common knowledge.

okay over the years i've done abit of hacking myself and can say, your never safe especially over WiFi.

so whatever you do make sure you don't send your credit card details (e.g. buying something online)

don't discuss confidential business unless nessecary (although i'm sure you wouldn't get sued as you probs wouldn't know they took the info)

all above warnings are good and i'd follow there tips but at the end of the day a hotel proberly is the wosrt place to be because all someone would have to do it get at the router and plug in a device and they can get all the data sent accross it and if there really smart they could get it over the wireless anyway so... be careful but don't worry... hacking isn't common knowledge.

Exactly you are never safe across wireless.

Since the information is sent across the air, other people can read it. They can figure out what passwords you are using, know what sites you visit, look at your MSN conversation, etc.

You should be good to go since you have good anti-viruses. But i wouldn't do any banking or anything that involves money.

Back
Top Bottom