Using Hamachi for Minecraft server??

Woodshark59

Beta member
The title says it all. I am trying to host a Minecraft server that will be private rite now but will become public later. I am wondering if Hamchi is even safe to download. It does say HTTPS but i am really struggling because we just go a new iMac an i really want it to stay virus free. Also, how easy is it for someone to hack into my server when its private or when its public and put a virus onto my Computer? Am i better off just port forwarding (even though i know nothing about it). Thanks in advance!!!

Hi,

Hamachi is a very safe and secure program. I have used it in the past for some simple vpn access with some friends. As for the hacking stuff, if someone wants to hack your server bad enough they will do it. But I wouldn't be too worried, if the server is just for you and your friends, you be more than safe. Just keep up-to-date with patches and bug fixes and you will be all set.

Me and several of my friends have used Hamachi multiple times for hosting our own servers for Minecraft and Diablo II. I've never witnessed any issues regarding hacking or unstability of some sort. It works perfect.

I hope the answers are helpful. Otherwise give me a shout :)

Back
Top Bottom