Unknown Program

joker_king16

Baseband Member
Everytime my computer boots, i get a message stating theat for my protection Windows has blcoked a program "xz.exe". I have run numerous antivirus tests, but I still suspect it to be some harmful program. How can I get rid of this pesky little program?

Well, if I don't know what it does, where it came from and it causes an alarm, you could CAREFULLY find the file named Xz.exe on your system, then rename its extension to something inane like xz.tmp and try rebooting. If it gives you a warning that it can't be found and nothing is broken, it is probably safe to go ahead and delete it. Another option would be to Google that filename and see if it is associated with known spyware. It may simply rewrite itself to the drive if you leave it alone or revisit/redownload again. Hope this helps.

Griz803 said:
Well, if I don't know what it does, where it came from and it causes an alarm, you could CAREFULLY find the file named Xz.exe on your system, then rename its extension to something inane like xz.tmp and try rebooting. If it gives you a warning that it can't be found and nothing is broken, it is probably safe to go ahead and delete it. Another option would be to Google that filename and see if it is associated with known spyware. It may simply rewrite itself to the drive if you leave it alone or revisit/redownload again. Hope this helps.

I try deleting it but it keeps coming back.

do u hav an anti virus if so with most u can set them up so that u can block programs try doin that, to me this file sounds like some sort to harmless type virus/adware so try scanning it with an anti-virus/adware remover

Yeah it was a recently unleashed virus. My ANTIVIRUS got new definitions last week and fixed the problem.

Back
Top Bottom