Unhackable BIOS

supermaltese

Solid State Member
LE1600 T004 Tablet PC by Motion Computing

I picked it up at a thrift store for $15. Didn't even know if it would turn on until I got it home. Turns out it's got three bootable partitions (Windows XP and two linux ones). They all have passwords. There's also a password on the BIOS setup. There's no jumpers or battery on the mobo. It won't boot to Hiren's on USB, or DSL on USB.

Any ideas?

See if you can find a newer BIOS for the machine (or even the same one) and re-flash the chip, (if you have not done this before ask someone who has) Since the memory addresses change, all values are lost including the password.

LE1600 T004 Tablet PC by Motion Computing

I picked it up at a thrift store for $15. Didn't even know if it would turn on until I got it home. Turns out it's got three bootable partitions (Windows XP and two linux ones). They all have passwords. There's also a password on the BIOS setup. There's no jumpers or battery on the mobo. It won't boot to Hiren's on USB, or DSL on USB.

Any ideas?
Turn the Tablet PC off and
back on and try re-entering
your password (you can do this
as many times as needed). If
you have forgotten your
password, contact Motion
Computing Technical Support
for information about unlocking
your system at
Tablet PCs and Mobile Computing Solutions
support.

Here is a link to the manaul for your tablet.http://www.motioncomputing.com/resources/L_Series_UserGuide.pdf

Back
Top Bottom