Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Cyber Safety and Computer Security
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-21-2005, 06:06 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Default Typing Issue (Virus or not?)

I've got a bit of a typing problem here and it isn't because my fingers are fat. Everytime I type I have to delete something to get a proper sentence/word.

For example: When I type "y" it comes out "yh". So as I'm typing right now, I'm having to go back and fix these errors. Listed below are all of the typing problems.

yh
rf
ik
0;
1q

Thiks ikks a sentence wikthout anyh ediktikng.

In addition to this, sometimes the volume for my speakers will go mute without me having to do anything and sometimes there is a random shutdown of the computer.

I'm wondering if this is some kind of virus or something similar. I can't seem to find the problem with Spybot, AVG or Spysweeper. I did, however, find in Spybot a "hotkeyshook" but I deleted that. Any help is much appreciated.

Spooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 04:41 PM   #2
Baseband Member

Default Re: Typing Issue (Virus or not?)

Well, it might just be because you have fat fingers. As I can see, "i" is right above "k" as is "y" and "h". I have never heard of a virus that did that. Most people are more malicious than that. Try checking your keyboard setting in control panel...That might help...never heard of this before...

-thecoolkidontheblock

-Thomas Edison, Modern Day.
thecoolkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 12:59 AM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

This has happened to me on a school computer a few times. And it most definitely ain't fat fingers.

Since there is other problems it could be a virus.
Try this:
start -> run -> msconfig -> startup and then check if there are any bad things in there. If u don't know what something is just google it. Then uncheck the bad ones and reboot.

Oh, and make sure that u don't disable anything important, some viruses have their process name almost identical to some windows applications.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:14 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

Fat fingers LOL ... it logical .. boot into safe mode and see if the same problem is there. If yes report back.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:26 PM   #5
Baseband Member

Problem has been solved. It turned out to be the keyboard itself. I was thinking back and remembered that I spilled a lot of stuff on it (Juice, pop). The keyboard had a volume control on it as well so now it makes a lot more sense.
Spooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 09:09 PM   #6
BSOD

Yeah, I was about to stay that your keys were sticking, just keep the keyboard clean

SilentScope is offline   Reply With Quote