True Crypt Container - Optimal Size?

incurablegeek

Beta member
Briefly,

1) I have installed TC on a USB thumb drive for use on several computers.

2) I wish to encrypt a 2 TB USB external hdd.

3) What is the optimal size for the "hidden volume" within this encrypted 2 TB drive so as to have "plausible deniability" and not arouse suspicion that a hidden volume actually exists?

I know that the "visible" volume must be of fixed size, lest data be overwritten onto the "hidden" volume, thereby corrupting it.

It therefore stands to reason, then, that the hidden volume should be of fixed size as well.

My fear is that if the accessible (revealed under duress) volume appears too small, the existence of a hidden volume would be obvious.

Does anyone know for sure what an optimal size allocation would be? :confused:

Thanks! :dance:

For those of you who were kind enough to help me with my NTFS vs ReFS and other Windows 8 and Server 2012 questions, I am pleased to report that I shall no longer be pestering you about future Windows iterations.

I'm sticking with Win 7 for the time being and will eventually migrate to Ubuntu Linux. Ugh! Enough of MS and its Win 8 schizophrenia.

Interesting read: "I Contribute to the Windows Kernel. We Are Slower Than Other Operating Systems. Here Is Why." - Zorinaq

Back
Top Bottom