Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Cyber Safety and Computer Security
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-21-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default Trojan Help! Want to reformat

Hello I was infected with a Trojan last month, I was using Kaspersky Internt security 7.0 It found the trojan but could not delete it so I had to go into safe mode and fight with getting rights on the folders it was in. I deleted it, But about 1 week later it was back, I figured it was because I had system restore enabled so I disabled it and went back in to safe mode an deleted again. well my computer internet was still runing slow so I desided to reformat using a Windows Xp cd, then after I got windows back up I used The recovery CD i got from My sony Vaio VGC-RB34G computer to get back all the Windows Media options. I was on the Internet after a day of reinstalling all my sofware and again I was infected. so I deleted Kaspersky and did system recovery from My CD Then downloaded McAfee . I am upset because it seems like this Trojan Keeps Coming back.. sO IS there ANY sugestions on how to wipe this clean??? I will BE willing to WIPE my drive and Start Over Please Anyone Send some feed back.. Thank you

SO No one has any now How on Deleting and reformat a hard drive?? All I need is that..

MiStAMaLo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:20 PM   #2
Fully Optimized
Default Re: Trojan Help! Want to reformat

Your recovery CD should have an option to delete/create all partitions and format. If not, you can try booting from partitioning utility CD such as Parted Magic and delete, create and format partitions from there.
But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.
cboucher is offline   Reply With Quote