Trojan Del-457 Please help??? HOSTX.EXE

ronstaa

Solid State Member
Trojan Del-457 Please help???

Hi
Can someone help please this so called Trojan is giving me grey hairs. How do I delete this thing. We are running Vshield virus scan. Each time I reboot the computer this message appears from Vshield program...

Infected file name:
C:\Documents and Settings\ronald.polonski\Local Settings\Temp\hostx.exe\HOSTX.EXE

Virus name:
Del-457

And I cannot find the file it isnt there and no the folders are set to show hidden folders I checked. Even the system guy tried and cannot work it out. The program allows me to delete the Trojan, so thats what I did but then the program tells me then it cannot delete it, it must be done manually please help what the hell is it?????????????

Re: Trojan Del-457 Please help???

Sounds like you have an outdated virus scanner. I'd recommend upgrading it if you are having problems.

Try searching for files and folders and type "hostx"

Ive tried to do a search and it came up empty handed. I will try to update the virus program and see what happens. I have a feeling our company is a little slack in updating the program I cannot remeber last time they updated.

Re: Trojan Del-457 Please help???

Might want to buy the recent version of Mcafee, I think you may have an older one.

Theyre nasty they make you buy the big updates.

Del-457

I am having the same issue. I just bought the newest version of Mcafee. At least twice a day Mcafee tells me that the hostx.exe file is infected with the Del-457 trojan. It also tells me that the file has been deleted to complete the clean process. Now this pops up at least two or three times a day. When I run the virus scan it comes up as Virtumondo. It won't let me delete it just quaranteen. When I try to search for the file and delete it manually, it won't let me delete it. I think the name of the malicious file is "oledoc.exe". Hijack this lets me delete it but it keeps coming back. I am stuck and that is how I found this cool forum. Anyone know anything about this PITA?

I am having the same issue. I tried to delete the file but cannot. Booted into ERD and deleted the file but when I boot back up normally it comes right back. I have the latest DAT for mcafee and it recognizes the file but does nothing about it. I have searched the registry and found nothing that relates to this. Anyone out there know anything about this hostx.exe?

another thing

I delete it and log in as a different user it automatically loads into the local settings for that user, so it starts somewhere during the logon process, not the boot process. Or so it would seem.

No one has anything huh? This seems to be a strange virus that is recognized but no one knows how to clean it. I really don't want to reformat... uhggg

Back
Top Bottom